A Modern Touch To Your Kitchen
It’s a new year – time to remodel and update the design of your kitchen. This often involves changing countertops, cabinets, and appliances. One thing that will come up is also what type of backsplash to choose. More designers and homeowners are choosing a full backsplash.
What is a full backsplash?
A full backsplash extends all the way up to the ceiling, the bottom of the cabinets, or the exhaust hood over the stove. Here you can run the same material as the countertops to help create a seamless, custom look.
What makes full backsplash better?
- Running it all the way up creates a more cohesive transition between the countertops and upper cabinets. It is also more unique and elegant compared to other materials.
- This option can be easily seen making the room look larger as well as the kitchen. You can never have too much counter space.
- Less downtime since both counters and backsplash are installed same day.
- The surface is both flat and easy to clean.
- Little to no grout lines.
- Visually appealing (adds a custom look without looking too crowded as it would when mixing different materials).
- No sealing required.
- Cost effective (often times it costs the same as tile).
- It goes great with under cabinet lighting.
- As for a backsplash, this is one of the strongest and most durable choice.
- When using quartz, this becomes a non porous surface that’s mold, stain, and mildew resistant.
- Whether you select a traditional or modern style, it will complement both designs.
Visit our gallery page to see more photos of full backsplash examples. Call us at (919) 465-1644 or visit our showroom in Cary to get an estimate and see what it would cost for your project. Estimates are free, and there is no obligation.